This year ISKCON`s World Holy Name Week (WHNW) will take place between September 17th and the 26th, 2013.
The sole purpose of WHNW is to celebrate the Holy Names globally and share this treasure with others. This can be done in many ways, although some suggestions and ideas by World Holy Name Week committee are given:
1. Nagar Sankirtan - Harinaam processions with WHNW and mahamantra banners.
2. Japathon - Pledges from devotees and congregation to chant extra rounds during this period.
3. 24 hours or 12 hours Sankirtan - non-stop chanting for 24/12 hours, at least once or twice.
4. Morning classes on Holy names as the theme - Morning Bhagvatam classes emphasizing on glories and importance of Holy Names.
5. Japa Seminars – Seminars on japa related topics e.g japa reform, 10 offenses, types of japa etc
6. Japa Retreats camps – Group of devotees go japa retreat camps under proper leadership.
7. WHNW Sunday feast lectures & dramas – Preasentations based on importance of Holy names and related topics.
8. Japa Booth – Putting a table with beads and pamhplets in the temple encouraging new comers to get the beads and chant.
9. Invitation to other religions/faiths for Kirtans and other Holy Name related events.
10. Hare Krishna on Radio - Hare Krishna Kirtans specially SP dhun on radio.
11. Holy Name walks - Padyatras to nearby towns and villages to distribute holynames, prabhupada books and Prasad.
12. Video, multimedia shows and Harinaam concerts for public.
13. Get the cricket/Film stars and other celebrities for public chanting events.
14. Hare krishna mahamantra and WHNW hoardings throughout the cities.
15. Newspapers adverisement- Put pamphlet inside newspapers.
16. Press conferences
17. Inter-faith conventions on Holy Name – invite other religion/faiths for dialouge on holy names of God.
18. Giftshop sale – Special discount on Kirtan/bhajan Cd’s/DVD’s during this period
19. Truck Kirtan - Performing kirtan from moving motorized vehicles like flatbed trucks, double decker buses, etc. This produces an effect of a moving stage.
20. Harinam Rathcart - Just like many people are attracted to Jagananatha Rathayatra, and enjoy pulling the cart and serving the Lord, similarly, people will be attracted to pulling a cart with Harinam Prabhu on the cart. A procession with big Harinaam posters, nicely decorated on the cart with loud kirtan along with distribution of parsadam, mahamantra stickers & Prabhupada Books.
21. Kirtan Mela - Arrange festival of Kirtan, a couple of days or at least one day festival with Holy names as the center.
"If the surface of the globe is over-flooded with the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra, the people of the world will be very, very happy." (Srila Prabhupada - Purport SB 4.24.11)world-holy-name-week ]